Jack Zamora, MD and Shawn Roman, BS
- An introduction to plasma energy and its particular characteristics as an alternative energy source for skin tightening is provided.
- We provide an introduction to a minimally invasive suturing technique allowing for the plication of the platysma and superficial musculoaponeurotic system for optimal deep tissue positioning.
- The use of VASER ultrasound energy using emulsification of fat for debulking and contouring of the face and neck and preparing subdermal tissue for plasma energy application is described.
APYX® MEDICAL DISCLOSURES:
FINANCIAL & CONTENT DISCLOSURE
The authors declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and publication of this article. No funding was received for this article. Drs DiBernardo, Bharti, and Kortesis are paid consultants for Apyx Medical, and Dr Duncan is a member of Apyx Medical’s Medical Advisory Board. The opinions contained herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of Apyx Medical, Inc.
Apyx Medical manufactures and owns the Renuvion®/J-Plasma® technology discussed in this article.
INDICATIONS FOR USE & INTENDED USE DISCLOSURES
- The Renuvion APR Handpiece is intended for the delivery of radiofrequency energy and/or helium plasma for cutting, coagulation, and ablation of soft tissue during open surgical procedures.
- The Renuvion APR Handpiece is indicated for use in subcutaneous dermatological and aesthetic procedures to improve the appearance of lax (loose) skin in the neck and submental region.
- The Renuvion APR Handpiece is intended to be used with compatible electrosurgical generators owned by Apyx Medical (specifically BVX-200H, BVX-200P, APYX-200H, APYX-200P, APYX-RS3, and APYX-JS3).
- Apyx Medical wants to present you with current scientific discourse. Specific usage outside of the cleared indications may not be safe or effective.
- The use of Renuvion with liposuction has not been approved or cleared by the FDA.
- As with all energy devices there are inherent risks associated with its use. Risk associated with the use of the Renuvion APR may include: helium embolism into the surgical site due to inadvertent introduction into the venous or arterial blood supply system, unintended burns (deep or superficial), pneumothorax, temporary or permanent nerve injury, ischemia, fibrosis, infection, pain, discomfort, gas buildup resulting in temporary and transient crepitus or pain, bleeding, hematoma, seroma, subcutaneous induration, pigmentation changes, increased healing time, scarring, asymmetry and/or unacceptable cosmetic result.
As with any procedure, individual results may vary. As with all energy devices there are inherent risks associated with its use, refer to the IFU for further information.