Richard D. Gentile, MD, MBA and J.D. McCoy, NMD
- Energy-based skin rejuvenation has, like other forms of aesthetic treatments, the capability of achieving desirable end results.
- These end results must be balanced with the degree and duration of morbidity, which affect recovery from treatment.
- Renuvion® skin resurfacing protocols include a free hand approach and we describe our preferred approach of pulsing and fractionating the helium plasma resurfacing energy.
APYX® MEDICAL DISCLOSURES:
FINANCIAL & CONTENT DISCLOSURE
The authors declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and publication of this article. No funding was received for this article. Drs DiBernardo, Bharti, and Kortesis are paid consultants for Apyx Medical, and Dr Duncan is a member of Apyx Medical’s Medical Advisory Board. The opinions contained herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of Apyx Medical, Inc.
Apyx Medical manufactures and owns the Renuvion®/J-Plasma® technology discussed in this article.
INDICATIONS FOR USE & INTENDED USE DISCLOSURES
- Renuvion Dermal Handpiece is indicated for dermatological procedures for the treatment of moderate to severe wrinkles and rhytides, limited to patients with Fitzpatrick skin types I, II, or III.
- Apyx Medical wants to present to you with current scientific discourse. Specific usage outside of the cleared indications may not be safe or effective.
- Risks associated with the use of the Renuvion Dermal System include but are not limited to hypertrophic scarring, milia/acne, telangiectasia (spider veins), skin discoloration/ hypopigmentation, dormant infection reactivation, infection, bruising or bleeding. Warning: Application of more than one treatment pass in the perioral area, on the forehead, and along the jawline has been associated with hypertrophic scarring.
As with any procedure, individual results may vary. As with all energy devices there are inherent risks associated with its use, refer to the IFU for further information.